A change consultant & coach with over 25 year’s business experience, clients value my abilities to help them implement change across organisations. This is accomplished through the development of a strong and compelling leadership team, a clarity of vision and a pragmatic approach to implementing cultural & operational change.
I have held leadership and management roles for a wide range of organizations, both large and small, which has given me a real-life practical experience. An NLP Practitioner and accredited Executive Coach, I focus on management & leadership, change programmes, business management, finance, business strategy, start-ups and project management.
My personal approach is one of helping executives and leaders to see clearly the challenges they face and how they can tackle them. I help leaders identify and deal with complexities of the organisations that they run including – leadership & management styles, embedded culture, resistance to change and structural challenges. I bring strong communication and stakeholder management skills to my roles coupled with an ability to challenge appropriately while building trust and engagement at all levels.
What I love about my job is helping leaders develop a new found confidence and enthusiasm that can make a real difference in their organisations.
My early career was in Information Technology working initially in IT consultancies focused on Financial Services and Asset Management. Moving into Investment Banking, I brought an in-depth understanding of technology to focus on enhancing revenues and operational efficiency. As my career developed I moved into a front line role, managing a business unit at HSBC Investment Bank. In 2005, as a director at Plus Markets Group, I was instrumental in setting up a new stock exchange focused on smaller companies and start-ups.
In parallel with my financial services career and with his wife (artist and interior designer Ruth Canning) we setup an interior design and retail business, Canning & Sheridan Interiors, in 2003. This business concentrated on designing high-end private residences and retailing contemporary Italian furniture and lighting through their store in Kensington, Central London. This business moved online in 2009.
It was through working with international design clients and manufacturers that Peter became interested in communications and training. He has been the project management course tutor at the world renowned Inchbald School of Interior Design since 2008. Peter now works full-time on his consulting and coaching career. He is the author of “The English Interview Question & Answer Book” a guide to doing interviews for non-native English speakers.
In addition to having a B.Sc (Honours) in Computer Science, Peter also holds a Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), is a Licenced Practitioner of NLP and is an accredited Executive Coach.
Current & previous clients
During my consultant career I have worked with a wide range of clients helping develop their leadership & management skills, implementing change, business strategy, performance and general training. Roles include:-
- Working on a major management & leadership programme for 50 managers at a financial services company.
- Help develop a centre of technical excellence within a third sector organisation
- Worked as an Associate trainer at The Centre for Strategy & Communication. Open and in-house course consultant & trainer working with clients delivering include a wide range of programmes covering management & leadership, project management, soft skills and finance & budgeting.
- Training international executives and business owners to develop confident communication skills and business skills in English. Clients include senior executives from Eurodisney, Publicis, Doppelmayr and business owners/entrepreneurs.
- Coaching and training executives at a wide range of organisations including – Cambridge Consultants, Google, Microsoft, Benetton, Sumitomo, NEC, Pokerstars, Fujitsu, The United Nations, Goodyear, NSPCC and Street Child United.
- Business advisor at East London Business Place and Barking Enterprise Centre providing support and training to SME’s and start-ups.