Whether you are just moving into a management position or have been in management for a number of years, this course will help you become a better manager. The course focuses on what managers should be doing including delegation, motivation, managing performance, managing through coaching, handling conflict & difficult people and time management.
At the end of the course, you will have developed your management skills with a practical toolkit and set of techniques that you can use in your job straightaway. The course is run in a highly interactive way with lots of delegate discussions and interactive activities to learn and practice the techniques.
“I really enjoy delivering this course as I can see the big increase in delegate’s confidence as they learn new skills which they can apply to their workplace immediately.” Peter Sheridan
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are just moving into the role of management or have been a manager for a number of years and want to improve their skills.
What is management?
- Understand the line manager’s role and responsibilities
- What are the key characteristics of a good manager
- Identify the qualities you need to develop as a manager
- What are the different ways of managing people
- What is coaching?
- How coaching can improve the performance of your team using the GROW model
- Understanding what motivates your team
- Adjusting your management style to each member of your team
- Providing feedback to your team
- Managing difficult people
- How to manage stress and high workloads
- Emotional Intelligence
- Develop a more balanced approach to the stress of management
- Understand how to deal with unwanted emotions during the working day
- Find the resilience and confidence to be the best manager you can be
- Setting objectives and goals
- Effective delegation
- Improve your ability to make decisions
- Be able to prioritise and manage time effectively for you and the team
- Improve your ability to deal with difficult people and situations
Get in touch today to learn how you can improve your business skills
Peter deliveries this training programme in-house for companies as well as on public courses run by some of the UK’s best known training companies. Get in contact today to find out how you can benefit from this course.